Your interest in Little Flock Christian Academy is appreciated. We invite you to fill out any of the applications below and return them to our school office. If an opening occurs for which you may qualify, we will contact you to schedule a personal interview. We will also contact your references.
We realize that the key to a successful Christian School is its staff. We are seeking applicants who are professionally qualified, who really love children, and who, by the pattern of their lives, are Christian role models (Luke 6:40).
We look forward to receiving your application. Thank you for your interest in the ministry of our school. It is our prayer that God will fulfill His perfect will in the lives of all applicants.
Applications can be submitted to Rick Grice:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Fax: (502) 957-4122
Little Flock Christian Academy
Attn: Rick Grice
5500 North Preston Highway
Shepherdsville, KY 40165
Currently Hiring for the Following Positions:
Assistant Principal for Development
The Assistant Principal for Development is in partnership with the Principal, and is responsible for the success of the school, including guiding the staff to follow the directions of scripture in Acts 4:33 and Luke 6:40. The Assistant Principal provides support and administrative leadership to the school. It is this person’s responsibility to inspire, lead, and direct all phases of the school’s operations that are assigned by the Principal, including serving as Head of school in the Principal’s absence.
Hired by: Principal
Responsible to: Principal
Supervises: All faculty
Evaluated: Annual written evaluation is provided by the Principal
Type of position: contracted, exempt, salaried
Required Spiritual Qualities
It is expected that the Assistant Principal will…
- Acknowledge Christ as Savior and seek to live life as His disciple.
- Believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God—our standard for faith and practice.
- Believe and actively support the school’s statement of faith (attached).
- Demonstrate a desire for spiritual growth as evidenced by his or her prayer life, Bible study, and spiritual outreach to others.
- Be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions toward others (Luke 6:40). This includes being committed to God’s biblical standards for sexual conduct.
- Evidence the fruit of the Spirit in dealing with people.
- Share the Christian faith with others.
- Have a Christ-centered home.
- Actively participate in a local evangelical church of like faith.
Required Professional Qualities
It is expected that the Assistant Principal will:
- Hold a Master’s Degree from an accredited postsecondary institution.
- Hold an ACSI All-Principal’s Certificate.
- Have a minimum of five years of successful classroom teaching experience.
Essential Job Functions—Accountabilities
It is expected that the assistant principal will …
- Oversee the development of a donor program.
- Have the ability to accomplish the goals and objectives assigned by the Principal and school policy.
- Meet regularly with staff to ensure coordination of programs and prompt problem resolution.
- Provide leadership in revising the curriculum.
- Help the Administration with the revision of the parent/student handbooks, employee handbooks, substitute teacher handbooks, the course description catalog, and other such items.
- Consistently implement policies.
- Maintain a physical presence with the students by attending and, when possible, participating in school chapels, assemblies, athletics events, and other presentations.
- Respect professional ethics that require confidentiality concerning the sharing of information about students, parents, or staff.
- Assist in graduations and related activities.
- Assume all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the principal.
- Provide information and counsel to the Principal on the educational challenges and procedures for the school.
- Provide input to the formation of the school’s long-range strategic plan.
- Deal directly and frankly with the principal in an earnest effort to resolve differences of opinion when they exist.
- Show support for school board policy and decisions to the staff, parents, and public.
- Provide input to the Principal that will help establish, implement, and refine procedures for the recruitment, orientation, supervision, evaluation, and motivation of personnel.
- Provide input to the principal for staff development and in-service programs on and off campus.
- Provide appropriate information to the principal regarding the evaluations.
- Assist in training a pool of competent substitute teachers and volunteers to ensure continuity of the school program.
Business and Finances
- Provide input to the principal for the development and implementation of the school’s long-range financial plan.
- Provide input to the principal for the annual budget.
All those interested can fill out the Administrator Application.
**Little Flock Christian Academy does not discriminate in its employment practices against any person because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, or qualified disability.**